Elizabeth Dobie & John McKessock
- Elizabeth Dobie, born 15-May-1844, Canada,89 married 3-Apr-1866,
in Chatsworth, Holland Twp., Grey Co., Ont.,90 John
McKessock, born 19-Sep-1833, Scotland,89 (son of J.
McKessock and M. Somerville) occupation: Farmer,91 died
28-Sep-1892,92 buried Chatsworth U.C. Cemetery, Grey Co.,
Ont.,5 Elizabeth died 3-Jan-1922,92 buried Chatsworth U.C.
Cemetery, Grey Co., Ont.,5
Marriage witness: Wm. Rankin, Holland; married by Rev. James
Cameron of Chatsworth. Date on marriage record. was 5 April
1866. Name was "John McKissock".
- Isabella Somerville McKessock, born 8-Jan-1867,93 married
5-Nov-1890,93 Alexander Pringle Halliday, born
13-Jul-1863,94 died 30-Nov-1926,94 Isabella died
Married by Rev. James McAlpine of Chatsworth.
- Mary Pringle Halliday, born 24-Dec-1891,93 married
14-Nov-1912,93 Wilson Hall, born 15-Dec-1889,94
Married by Rev. Wm. Daniels of Owen Sound.
- Annie Halliday, born 26-Aug-1893,93 married 10-Mar-1921,95
James Oliver McCallum, born 6-Jan-1897,94 died
3-Dec-1974,94. Annie died 9-Nov-1953,94
Married by Rev. Bryden of Chatsworth.
- Four children, eight grandchildren, eight great-grandchildren. Connected surnames
include: Akins, Buckton, Dumart, Green, Neath, Newton, Sprague, Walker.
- Robert Somerville Halliday, born 21-Jun-1895,93 married94
Margaret McDonald, . Robert died 18-Feb-1972,94 No
- John Alexander McKessock, born 14-Oct-1868,93 married
10-Jan-1900,93 Margaret Morrison, died 27-Oct-1951,93
John died 13-Jan-1949,93 Married by Rev. J.A. Black of
- Isabel McKessock, born 21-Nov-1900,93 married __-___-____,97
unknown Laird, born __-___-____.
unknown: Lived in North Bay in 1949 (J.A. McKessock
- Jessie McKessock, born 21-Jun-1903,93 married __-___-____,97 W.
T. Henry, born __-___-____.
W.: Lived in Owen Sound in 1949 (J.A. McKessock
- John Alexander McKessock, born 16-Feb-1906.93
- Norman McKessock, born 10-Jun-1907.93
- William Joseph McKessock, born 5-Sep-1870,93 Moved to
- Mary Dobie McKessock, born 22-Nov-1872, Sydenham Twp., Grey Co.,
Ont.,98 married97 Thomas Dunn, died 23-Feb-1942, Alma
Heights, ON,99 Mary died 18-Nov-1930,93 Day of death is
17th November in Bruce Mines Spectator obit.
Thomas: Lived in Thessalon, Ont. in 1949 (J.A. McKessock
obituary). There probably were 4 children, since there
were 4 in the photo labelled "Mary Dunn's children"
(letter from Jacqueline Walker, Dec. 4, 1994).
- Francis Crammond Dunn, born 26-Sep-1903.93
- Agnes Dunn, born 1-Mar-1905.93
- Robert James McKessock, born 18-Jul-1876, Sydenham Twp., Grey Co.,
Ont.,100 married 11-Apr-1903,93 Mabel Lillian May
Pascoe, born 10-Nov-1875, Solina, Durham County,
Ont.,101 died 29-Jun-1960, Oshawa, Ont.,101 Robert died
26-Jan-1930,93 Married by Rev. Anderson of Solina.
Possibly another daughter, Margaret.
- Alan Pascoe McKessock, born 11-Jul-1904,93 Jacqueline Walker
writes "there is a photo of Alan and Margaret
McKessock as children, probably this one and his
sister?" (Letter of Dec. 4, 1994).
- George Dobie McKessock, born 13-Feb-1879, Sydenham Twp., Grey Co.,
Ont.,102 died 29-Apr-1879.93
- George Dobie McKessock, born 1-May-1880, Sydenham Twp., Grey Co.,
Ont.,103 occupation: Service Station owner,104 married about
1909, in Wawota, Ont.,105 Margaret Greenbank, born
__-___-____. George died 22-Sep-1952, Coquitlam, BC,106
buried 25-Sep-1952, Burnaby, B.C.; Forest Lawn
Cemetery,107 Residence at time of death was 224 E. 6th
Ave., New Westminster. Informant's name was Joseph
(illegible) at same address. Birthplace given in death
record is "Massie, Ont.".
- Ross McKessock, born __-___-____, died __-___-1943, WW2, RCAF.105
- daughter McKessock, born __-___-____, married105 J. L.
J.: Lived in New Westminster, B.C. in 1949 (G.D.
- Elizabeth Helen McKessock, born 2-Sep-1882, Sydenham Twp., Grey
Co., Ont.,108 married 25-Dec-1901,93 John T. Dunlop, .
Elizabeth died Glenside, Sask.,97
John: Married by Rev. J.A. Black of Hoath Head.
- George Russel Dunlop, born 30-Jan-1903.93
- Elsie Elizabeth Dunlop, born 27-Jan-1904.93
- Myrtle Lillian Dunlop, born 15-Jan-1906.93
- Andrew Somerville McKessock, born 8-May-1884, Sydenham Twp., Grey
Co., Ont.,109 Lived in Abernethy, Saskatchewan in 1949
(J.A. McKessock obituary).