|CHARLES DOBIE : GENEALOGY|
Descendants of Solomon Long and of Oscar Long
Unknown parents, born in Sweden.
- Solomon Long, born in Sweden, died in Princeton, Minn., occupation Shoemaker. Family tradition is that the "Long" surname was aquired in the Swedish Army, either by Solomon Long or his father.
He married Anna Lindberg, died in Princeton, Minn.
Anna Long, about age 15
- Anna Long, born 5-Mar-1879 in Frontenac, Minn. or Trempealeau, Wis., died 8-Aug-1968
in Corvallis, OR, buried 13-Aug-1968 in Princeton, Minn.; Oak Knoll Cemetery, occupation Teacher, artist. Info from obituary is different -- birth date given as 5 April, birthplace given as Trempealeau, Wis. From the New and Complete Gazetteer of the U.S. (1854), p.1158 -- TREMPALEAU, a post-office of La Crosse Co., Wisconsin.
Anna was born to unknown parents, and was privately adopted by Solomon Long and Anna Lindberg. She married Carl (Charles) Ludwig Carlson, 14-Jun-1905 in Princeton,
Minn., born 9-Jul-1878 in Bjärby, Skövde landsförsamling/Öm (the rural parish of Skövde),
Skaraborgs län, Sweden, (son of Frans (Frank) Karlsson / Carlson and Matilda Andersdotter)
died 22-Sep-1934 in Crosby, ND, buried in Princeton, Minn.; Oak Knoll Cemetery, occupation Miller, mill manager.
[Click here to see this Carlson family listing].
- Oscar E. Long, born in Sweden, occupation Farmer. Lived in Noonan, N. Dakota. 1915 Plat Map Index - Divide County ND, as published on the North Dakota Genweb website, lists "Long, Oscar E., 161N 95W, Section 17".
He married Amelia unknown, born in Minnesota.
- Julia Long. Married with at least one child by circa 1918.
- Elmer Long, born in Minnesota.
- Gladis Long, born in Minnesota.